Thursday 26 April 2012

Back in the day.


I thought it'd been a while since my last update so as I'm currently working on a project, I thought it might be nice to update with some work from last year that I'd totally forgotten about until a few hours ago.
In the last few weeks of first year we had to opportunity to take part in some workshops, of which I chose 'colour and cloth' and 'digital potentials'. That's basically dyeing and CAD, why not get straight to the point!
We played around with dyeing techniques such as Shibori and just general experimentation without the added pressure of people watching and judging, just yet...


This was my favourite outcome in the dye workshop, just because all the rest were pretty boring. It displays a number of different tones and the strange egg-like motif near the top is fairly interesting and unexpected, created simply from a bobbin! Next to it is just a simple manipulation of the dyed piece and again, just playing around with Photoshop.

Thought I'd lob this one in too, it's basically just a scan of metal caps tied into a fabric then a digital overlay of a sketchbook piece! Simple.
My current project involves florals and colour separation, so that is bound to be a bit more interesting and colourful. Hopefully there'll be obvious progression that is noticeable too! 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment